View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 01:46 AM
deruvian

Well, I had the installation performed today, and all I can say is that it went great. The installer was friendly, and was very grateful for all the info that I supplied him (the info from this thread, general wiring diagrams from the FSM, the ECU wiring diagrams, and the dual lock info from lee). He felt as though it would be pretty straightforward after seeing my car, and still felt so even afterwords. It was just time consuming because he had never touched an SVX before.

Took about 5 - 6 hours, but works great! Starts up, arms, locks, unlocks, everything... I only have one complaint, and it isn't even very big: He didn't place the siren in a very discreet location in the engine bay. It's directly within site, but that's being sorta picky.

All the wire is loomed and well organized, and he showed me an example of how he solders wire - appeared to be very sturdy.

He even rewired my indiglo gauges for the hell of it, because the install that I did before was kinda cheesy and temporary. They are SO much brighter now! The connection simply has to be much more solid.

Anyway, I'm pretty pleased. I watched him for quite a while, and he seemed to take good care of his work. This could be a rare case, but so far, I certainly haven't found the CC horror stories to be true.