View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 07:34 PM
deruvian

Thumbs up Code Alarm remote start/keyless entry system

Circuit City was having a nice sale on their car security products, so I had a look. The Code Alarm master module (CA425) is required to use any of their entry/start system, and was $62.99. The two-way start/entry module w/ alarm (CA545) was also $62.99. I also bought a glass break sensor for $9.99. The standard installation was $100, but the glass break sensor added another $20.

I found all of this to be very affordable, especially considering that CC has a lifetime warranty on their installations and parts.

However, I called to make an appointment, and the guy said that they have "no technical data" for my car. Why of course, why would they? He said that they'd need a full day to install it, and he'd need to do it himself (I'm assuming that he is the lead installation man). Because of the lack of info, he might not even be able to install it either. My appointment therefore was pushed out to the 17th of this month. I think I am going to call them back tomorrow, and ask what he meant by "no technical data." If he means absolutely none, I would gladly provide my copy of the service manual in order to have the wiring diagrams available. I would also gladly help him out with the install, and answer all questions that he has (since I feel that I know a fair deal about the SVX). I'd also like to do this to ensure that he'll actually work on it, and not just wait for an hour or two and tell me that it can't be done.

Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted as to what happens, because if it works out, this is a pretty damn good deal.