View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 10:49 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally posted by shoden
Time to talk some smack

I'm a Honda owner as well as a SVX owner. My 89 CRX Si is quicker than my SVX and handles better too, as long as the ground is nice and dry. Throw wet roads or snow into the picture, and the SVX will easily leave the CRX behind.

Of course, my CRX is far from stock with a B16 engine swap, LSD, and a very nice suspension set up for autocrossing, plus a fair amount of weight reduction (but still has A/C and full interior).

My fiancee's completely stock 88 CRX Si is only a little bit slower than the SVX, and part of its disadvantage is that it needs a new clutch.

Now, a 5-speed SVX might be able to beat my CRX to 60mph, and it'd be interesting to go against one at the track. Heck, since I've gotten the ECUTune stage 1 chip installed in my SVX, it might do a better job of keeping even with the CRX now.

Granted, there are a lot of idiots out there in Hondas, and for me, most other Hondas are nothing but sources for parts for my CRXs. But there are a lot of very nicely done and very fast Hondas out there that will blow away any SVX 0-60. How many street driven SVXs are running 12s? The same goes for handling too, with the 88-89 Civic hatch being the top car in its class for autox. As for high cruising speed, the fastest you can go legally is 75-80, and any Honda (except maybe for the CRX HFs)can do that easily.

Maybe if you guys want respect for the SVX from Honda owners, you should try giving a bit of respect to their cars. If you posted on that board with the same attitude I'm seeing here, I'm not suprised that they put down your cars.
Maybe but somehow i doubt it

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network

Last edited by n00b on demand; 07-10-2004 at 10:54 PM.