View Single Post
Old 04-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Superbeast

I'm pretty sure the "Service Managers" job is to lie as much as possible to save the shop as much money as he can. The tech probly remembered not screwing up the tone wheel part and was being honest. (He probly also got his ass chewed by the S.M. for it) I have never heard of a tone wheel desintigrating on any car. I've seen them crack on some cars but never seen a Subaru style fail on their own. They can be cracked while changing the wheel bearing if you not carefull, but even then they ussually don't fall apart as long as they'er bolted down tight. The tech probly did forget to tighen the bolts holding the ring and that what happend. I think it's good that the tech came clean with you, but once the S.M. found out thats when the problems start.

Besides, you have to take everything off the hub to change the bearing so if there was a part about to fail the tech should have seen it. And if the tone wheel was bad the tech should have seen it. Bottom line is: they were just in there takeing apart and putting together everything in that wheel, they are responsible.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!