View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 06:00 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Lurching after turning engine off????

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
Troy this sounds like the Transfer clutch is binding. When you pull up the clutch is holding the drive line bound up, when you turn it off, the clutch releases, to settle the drive line.

Harvey
It would appear that a retained forward torque loading delivered via the transmission, only becomes released when the ignition is turned off, at which point the car lurches backwards a little.

It is being suggested that the transfer clutch is holding retained torque against the rear wheel parking brake until this torque ceases when the engine is turned off, whereupon this available torque is applied to the front wheels.

However it is reported that at this point the transmission has been placed in park ready for the parking paul to engage. At which point the transmission should be running free and any retained engine torque should have been disconnected and released.

It would appear that engine torque must wrongly remain applied, when in park, until the engine is turned off. A control solenoid could be faulty and a diagnostic check is the obvious next step.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!