View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 02:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
Quote:
Originally posted by Beav

Best advice: assume the proper attitude. Think about what you're doing while you're doing it, what happens and why, why it went bad. Don't just go through the motions of bolting and unbolting like so many do. You have to love what you're doing in order to become the best, otherwise you may as well get a job at PoopBoys or Mydass and save your tution.

I do think you have the right idea by planning on beginning at the dealer level.
*hijack OFF*
This is precisely how I feel. When something goes wrong I love the challenge of figuring out why it went wrong, and what i should do about it. I also believe the dealer is the best way for me to go b/c if I could get in with a company like Reeves (local high end dealer) then after a few years with them I would know not only porsche but audi and bmw's and the like. Then from there with that knowlege and money for tools, I would open up my own shop. I just want to eventually have it where I can charge people a reasonable rate and actually perform the work that I said would be done. I want no questions asked about the integrity of my work or my reputation. I feel that there are just way too many scam artist out there trying to make a buck. My only worries are there aren't too many porsches around my area of florida versus a place like miami or ft. lauderdale...I truly appreciate the help with this matter, as most of the people I talk to about it know nothing, or think I'm just gonna be a mechanic and why is that I would waste the money on UTI when i can go to a local P-tech program and get the same general ase certification.