View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 05:31 PM

Registered SVX
Re: recommended maintenance: replace vacuum hoses at 100K miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001 View Post
I've spoke a little too soon, I replaced all the vacuum lines/pcv/knock sensors as described above however now I the car won't start.

Initially the car rev'd to 2k then stalled. Now after after 2 times of doing that, it'll barely get above 200-300 rpms before stalling out. Each time it does this now. If i give it gas I can get the car to remain running but it' still rough, and the moment i let off the gas it will stall.

Given that i've touched everything to do with the intake, it could be anything. I did NOT replace the intake manifold and throttle body gaskets. I've read that that faulty gaskets can cause symptoms as described above, is that true?
yes, old gasket may not be sealing or it may have slid around when you were trying to bolt it down.
Best way to find out (you might need a buddy to help) keep the car running as best you can but not high rpms, take some carb/throttle body cleaner and spray the gasket area, all vacuum hoses and anything that could let air in, also did you reconnect the idle air bypass hose on the intake?