View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 04:41 AM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
ok..lets see if i remember..
car i bought for 3500$
had to change left downpipe that has the cat in it. rebuilt the compressor twice (once under warranty), and the alternator a few times (eventually i bought a second rebuilt alternator as a spare). needed condensor, bought it off ebay and it was shot before i got it, bought one locally for $350 used - had no other choice unless i was going to the dealership.. evntually had to replace the high pressure line (oem)/
new tires - bfgoodrich traction t/as
changed out vaccuum hoses under the manifold plenum..needed the idle purge selonoid (oem)-car sat for 2 weeks because of this one
original rad leaked, so i bought a used one, that one leaked eventually so i went with a PWR in the end.
hi flow cat, stebro....drill/slotted rotors.. new pads.
added tranny cooler. intersate battery
bought new oem struts and strut mounts on all 4 corners, motorsport lowering springs. replaced all 4 links rods( OEM), all 4 lateral rods on the rear end( OEM), both rear spindles( OEM)- car sat on a hoist for 2 weeks because it had to come from japan, all 4 wheel bearings (oem). upgraded sway bar bushings front and back from the group buy/ never installed the rear dif bushings. changed out all 4 cv axle shafts (OEM).
bought the little plastic lever on the driver side seat -oem (pull to let passenger to back seat)
...dammit..i used to have a list....
ecu tune stage 1. all three belts, motorsport lightweight pulley, crank seal and cam seals. dropped a jdm motor in it (when the head gasket went). k and n air filter. changed the spark plugs with ngk iridium ix. ....sunroof weather seal (oem)....compustar...voltage stabilizer
...i dont remember....all the little things like all the headlights, interior lights.. the dash illumination lights...speakers, cd/mp3 player
...something like that...
would be less if i werent' in canada though...i know you guys get parts much cheaper than i do up here..but pretty much everything were subaru oems. i know parts cost me more than the labour did in all this
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic