Thread: radio advice
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 02:14 AM
Don't screw with the Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Jade Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Jade Dragon
from my research and trials. Pioneer decks and speakers give you the best performance without going into the reference class. The pioneer decks are expandable beyond belief. If i remember there are about a dozen or more add-ons to pioneer decks using the IP bus. They may be pricier than others, but well worth it. Their high end line Premier is jsut as good and better in some aspects. Speaker wise. I have a set of 6x9s in the rear deck, that are rated to 325 watts each. So, the speakers are beastly, and deliver a very very clean sound. Subs, on the other hand are not their stong point, they lack the travel to hit the really hard notes. Cardomain's audio shop is good for pricing and their reviews are good source of info. I have a premier deck in my car, i dropped 300$ on it, but its worth it, i can hook up everything directly to it, and controll everything from it. (ie add on a touch screen, dvd, ipod adapter, CD changer...) all can be controlled from one unit. That was my big choice for getting the more costly model.

1992 Pearlie (Pearl): motorsport exhaust kit (Wife's)
1994 Red FWD (Roxi): Custom X exhaust