View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 02:14 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Message for Silverspear and others like him...

Quote:
Originally posted by Weebitob
Hey, I held strong belief in the ride you have, or a definite possibility to say the most and a couple others shares that as well.

It is just, this is the internet. For a greater portion for us, at least people from western countries we look at the advantages of the internet as not only a tool for worldwide communication, but to also have that ability with anonymity. With the advantages of that also come many consequences. One example is saying anything you want usually without the thought of someone physically hurting you, and the ability to post anything you want without backing it up. The worst you usually get is banned from the forum or chatroom, or possibly even service you are on. This is even more possible and consequence free with the fact that most mediums on the internet you can sign up for free of charge. There have been plenty of examples of this in forums and chatrooms, at least western based (or culturally based ones).

So do not be surprised to face a wall of criticism and disbelief when posting about something you have. It is simply a cynical reflex mechanism against any potential people who do indeed take advantage of the anonymity the internet has to offer. And I do not mean from a particular experience on this forum but ones from other they have went on in their lifetime as well.

I know there is a barrier on the internet with few eastern people posting and chatting on western message boards and chatrooms, not to mention even fewer westerns doing the same for eastern. I do not know how Middle Eastern web users behave in all of this.

"Why can't we be friends."

Pls first of all, I don't think this is a matter of eastern and western people, but a matter of accomplishment, helping one another and performing stuff deemed impossible in the past.. well with the part where "Why can't we be friends." [/B][/QUOTE] , I am trying to resolve the issue as more like "Why can't we be a family." [/B][/QUOTE] . I do not say that i want to break the ones who hurt me before, i noted the apologies, they are in the past now. What i want from the members is a commitment that such an act won't happen again !!! not for me but to all members especially new comers!!!

It's like a family hug... i am not getting sentimental about it, but what i want is everybody to get along without a bit of a doubt possible !!

I am not trying to be racist or the like in any kind, if you go back to my quotes you will see that I counted till 1000 until I started replying the same way as other members are doing. now pls show good faith by replying to the Oath.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.