View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 11:38 AM
BoondockSVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
Boondock's posts always include quotes from ultra-smart-science-based humans. If I were to post quotes from holy men (the ultra-smart-religion based humans), i'd get laughed at.
Know why? Holy men might be intelligent, but what they deem true is affected by things other than science, logic, and reasoning. They have 'faith'. The very definition of 'faith' is to believe in something when the facts aren't there to support it. This is why debating with you is pointless. I could take hte time to destroy every single arguement you give me, but ultimately it would change nothing. You have 'faith', and you believe in a religion that's hypocritical, violent, intolerant, and has set us back hundreds of years in relation to scientific discovery. You believe in it, regardless of facts, logic, or reasoning, and if something doesn't make sense, your brain will either ignore it or twist something around so the logic somehow makes sense (nevermind if it goes against something else, the bible is chock full of hypocrisy).

Quote:
I don't care what a bunch of science and political geeks had to say about religion. That tells us nothing but their opinion on it.
Yeah, those scientists and political morons don't know anything. In fact, next time one of your family members gets hurt or sick, please just take them to your local church and pray for them. Avoid the hospitals and doctor's offices.

Quote:
That whole comment goes through all kinds of trouble to try to disprove the "creator" argument. Then it belittles it's own purpose by saying essentially "I can explain this, but I can't explain that". Great job.
How so?

- Jim