View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
A thread to document getting my SVX back up and running

It's been parked for about a year now. I feel terrible about that. the clear coat on the hood has started to peal, and that is the least of my problems.

I parked it because it wouldn't start. Check engine light was on... the code told me at first it was a cam angle sensor... good luck and some boneyard searches found 2... I replaced both and the car ran..for about a week. When it wouldn't start again... Engine code told me it was the CRANK angle sensor.. list price was (is) 435.00.... was out of my budget for the car at that point..so the car sat.. for a year.
Something about what Earl told me during my first angle sensor bout was that it MIGHT be a weak battery..well by this time the battery in the car was a total loss...so I bought one yesterday... hooked up all the things I had taken off and turned it over...as I knew..it wouldn't start... I hadn't replaced the crank angle sensor. However... now.. I'm getting a plethora of codes.. one each for the fuel injectors and the bad crank sensor or circuit. the little blinky light blinked so often with so many different codes... I again lost hope...
But today is another day...and I've determined to get the crank sensor... and service the fuel rail and injectors... and the other things as they come up. So...here we go.. I've got a helmet cam, a HD camcorder and my phone.. is there any room on the server for this?
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .