View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 08:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to alia176
Re: Rear Coil Spring replacements ??? Anybody have some made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcuseme View Post
Yes, I definatley visited Dayle's site. His rate was too high for me (175 rear, mine are around 150), I could only buy all 4 (front & rear) through him as opposed to just rear, I did not want the car dropped, and I needed an affordable solution to put the car back to stock height (and a little higher), and hopefully prevent sagging in the future. My front springs are fine.

Maybe I could have called Dayle and got him to do just 2 coils but I figured I'd learn something in the process and get the satisfaction of doing it myself.

My springs were completely gone...I would hit a minor bump and hear/feel the rear bottom out. So I did not get these new springs just for the sake of making the wheels stop burning a hole in the fender lining. although it was the motivating factor...they were much needed.

I don't see any issue with just replacing the rear springs and keeping the front stock. I'm not driving the car on a track so I can't speak for how well they take a hard corner at 65mph! I drive it more like a touring car, than a sports car. Besides, a 150 spring rate is not much higher than stock (110). This car is very well taken care of! I've never been more excited about driving it...I love this SVX! Especially now that the squishiness is gone !!!
I sent you an email about more info on this. Would you mind replying to it?

Thanks.

'92 SVX LSL
'03 4Runner
'96 FZJ80 Landcruiser
'90 Mercedes 300E