View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Transmission Issues

sounds like a shot brake band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAESVX View Post
I have a 1992 SVX LS-L that is experiencing some tranny problems. It has a tendancy to take to long to shift from 1st to 2nd. The RPM will get to @6500 before the shift takes place. I have had it looked at by two different people and both say it sounds like the a solenoid in the tranny. I have gone through and done the error codes for the transmission but it is clear of errors. what could cause the slip? I have checked the Transmission resistor and it Ohms out at 12.2 instead of the 15 ohms. Plus the Fluid is probably 17 years old and needs to be changed alng with the filter. I do not have a place to do the work myself so it is going into the shop tomorrow for the Valve cover gaskets and the Mechanic said he would take a look at the ATF. There are so many things that need fixed on this car, but it is worth it. I am just glad that the engine sounds solid. Does anyone out there have an idea as to what I should do. I also have a whirring sound coming from the back end, either differential or wheel bearings. Thanks