View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 11:31 PM

Re: Cranks but won't start

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX10 View Post
Fuse 16 is OK. Not sure where fusible link #2 is...but the main fusible link in the engine bay fuse box looks fine. I checked the relay...it works. 12v @ key on between green/black and black/white. I also checked yellow to ground...12v.

One diagram shows a fuse link #2... 1.5 amps and another shows the 30 Amp one! I think we may be losing something in the translation.

Then I went back to the fuel pump itself...nothing. Maybe i'm not checking it right, though. There are 5 pins in the connector (not sure why since the wiring diagram only shows 2 wires going to the pump).

The 5 pin thingie might be the fuel pump modulator. Is it on or close to the fuel pump? My diagram shows 4 wires but could be 2 black because looks like a split in the black that goes to ground from the fuel pump modulator.

If there is a yellow, maybe 2 black, a blue, a red/yellow I would test there with your digital dc voltmeter at the black and blue wires.. Put the (+) (red) lead of your tester on the blue wire. the black is ground potential... Ground! Get the test leads in place and have someone else turn the ignition switch to run, NOT start.

If it's not that, am I looking at a severed wire between the relay and the pump?

We will see! You must find out exactly where the circuit is not complete, then correct it! It will happen!

Anyway, no luck so far. Continued help is appreciated.
Keith.............