View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Re: Cranks but won't start

Fuse 16 is OK. Not sure where fusible link #2 is...but the main fusible link in the engine bay fuse box looks fine. I checked the relay...it works. 12v @ key on between green/black and black/white. I also checked yellow to ground...12v.

Then I went back to the fuel pump itself...nothing. Maybe i'm not checking it right, though. There are 5 pins in the connector (not sure why since the wiring diagram only shows 2 wires going to the pump). I put the read lead to each of the pins and the black lead to the ground on my stereo amp, and then "started" the car for each pin. Legit way to check for power to the pump?

So then I went to the mystery connector under the rear seat...nothing. Checked it by looking for voltage between the 2 pins, and by checking each pin to a ground. I'm still not sure what this connector is, though.

Looking at the wiring diagram, there is nothing in between the relay and the fuel pump. Looks like the only remaining component to check is the fuel pump modulator. I'm not too good with electrical stuff, so I definitely appreciate being walked through what to check next.

If it's not that, am I looking at a severed wire between the relay and the pump?

Anyway, no luck so far. Continued help is appreciated.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me

Last edited by SVX10; 03-04-2009 at 10:42 PM.