View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 11:40 PM

Registered SVX
Special thanks. Very, very interesting and well worth the time. That guy CAN drive.

I have watched many in-car shots of racing drivers in action and have often been dismayed at their poor technique. This guy is spot on.

Note that he NEVER has two hands on one side of the wheel. He shuffles the wheel in the time honoured and proven manner, but despised by many a boy racer. The wheel is always gripped below 10 to 2, so that a toggle action is never involved.

He crosses hands when necessary, a technique sometimes disputed, but used by all the very best drivers. When the car starts to slide his hands are always in a good position to instantly put on reverse lock, but then attend to any overcorrection without overdoing it. He certainly knows how to safely stay at nine tenths.

Note only one hand on the wheel during a fast straight section, denoting a relaxed style. Also the laid back seating position.

Bloody good stuff. Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!