View Single Post
Old 02-23-2001, 08:33 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Ryan,
Put the price there. I'm sometimes "shopping" not buying. The price, at the outset, will help me determine what I can put on my "get it now" list and what to put on my "I need to wait 'til I get the money" list.

I love the system (waiting on an order now that I entered the other day -- got an order acknowledgement, but no shipping notice, yet). One thing that does bother me, though: When you click on the part, it automatically puts it in your shopping cart. It even "cookied" it in, so, when I left the site, came back to look for other parts, that one part followed me around for the entire session. I think you should put a clear and concise "add to cart" button, so that people know exactly what they're adding to their cart. On my first trip, I was looking at some screws and clips and gaskets. I hit the "submit" button with each "decision" (mind you, I was still learning how to navigate the system). When I went to check out, my subtotal was over 4,000.00. I freaked! Somehow, it had added a transmission to my order . . . not that I'd mind having a spare, but, Yikes!

Keep up the good work, though. Tell your boss, prices first, purchase second -- more flies with honey, than with vinegar, as they say.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI