View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 05:35 AM

I live in Ohio and bought my SVX from an ebay seller in Florida. I didn't see the car until it was delivered to my house and already paid for. It was a very nerve racking experience. The car was beautiful. It was exactly as described. I probably called the seller (a dealer) 6 times and talked to different sales people. Each time, I acted like it was my first call and asked the same questions over again, looking for inconsistencies. On one occasion, the salesman said, "Sir, you don't understand. This car is beautiful." On one call I learned that they had the front bumper repainted. The guy said that the bumper had some chips in it and the rest of the car was perfect. So they painted the bumper. On one occasion I learned that the power antenna didn't work quite right. On one occasion I learned that the dash panel under the steering wheel was missing (clever photography). They had ordered one from Subaru but it hadn't come in yet.

The seller arranged the shipping for me. It cost about $500 to ship the car and took about 9 days.

Overall it was a fine experience. I guess I was lucky.