View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 07:08 PM

Re: Crashed my SVX, BLEEP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L View Post
I removed everything in front, the lights, centerbar, side markers. The radiator support was bent back, so i used a chain and an old V-belt wrapped around it and the other end tied to a post. I left the car in neutral and just using manpower, pushed the car backwards, causing the chain to yank on the belt, pulling the support back into place It looks great! I couldnt believe how easy it went, and it looks straight again.
That is how we do it in a real body shop too, sometimes we use a come-along for the really stubborn ones. We have a Cavalier in the shop right now that just went through that procedure, come-along and a telephone pole, much more cost effective than having a frame machine for little stuff.

I pushed my luck on that car today, the condenser was bent, but still holding a charge, I bent it back with some 2x4s and some C-clamps. I was ready to run in case it decided to spray me, but it held its charge. The owner knows, he actually asked if we could try when he found out it still had a charge. It might still have a little leak, but that can wait for summer, he doesn't have the money for a condenser and a recharge now.

Last edited by Elliott; 01-07-2010 at 07:14 PM.