View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Where is vin 001?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
I can't agree with you that you're an ass Nate, but you are sure nitpicking here.

John's statement was probably phrased too quickly, but the essential message that many owners will have quarter million mile cars at that time is correct. 20 years at 12,500 miles will come in at a quarter million for any cars being well used. An SVX in use as a daily driver covering 25k a year will have covered a quarter million covered since the 10th Anniversary as well, though in fairness there can't be too many getting that sort of use.

Here in Ireland and England we don't cover such high miles in our SVXes as you guys do. It just may have something to do with our fuel prices being four times more expensive than yours, who knows? Most owner cars over here will range from 90K to 150K, my own cars range from 40k to about 130k.

Your point about a daily use car being easier to trust for a thousand miles x2 run is well made though. It's only people like me who have them mostly in storage that are wary of the Meet Monster. Cars that are rarely used in anger are more likely to develop faults you did not know were there on a long run, hence the Meet Monster .

How about advising people intending to do the long run to attend a "local" meet first, giving their cars a 500-600 miles workout to suss out any problems in advance?

Joe
Valid points Joe. I probably do nitpick too much at times. Just the way I am on some minor, rather insignificant details I guess.
I actually am hoping to do your above mentioned method for "getting the SVX legs going" I am unsure of making it to Reading, but am hoping to make it there in the Laguna FWD "project" car if possible. I will be using it as my daily driver if I can get the darn thing fixed but thats a whole nother issue with its own thread. Basically I was going to be making a few good highway runs with it slowly stretching it out, making sure that everything is sound with it before making the 900 mile trip to Reading.
Btw, as you see in my signature, my 3 SVX are only right around the 100,000 mile mark

To keep this on topic, I plan on going to the 20th anniversary meet wherever it may be... and if the prototype is there, awesome. If not, thats cool too. Its a great time just to meet fellow SVXers and have a good time at any meet

Last edited by 1986nate; 03-22-2010 at 04:01 AM.