View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 09:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to ShowNoMercy
Quote:
Hi jason,

I am not quite sure what you mean by " I took the spring off the sensor so it wouldnt give any resistance ". Have you referred to my write up in the how too section? If not please go there.

You say, " I tested it with an ohm meter. Where ever the tps sensor is set it constantly fluctuates." This indicates intermittent contact. The resistance element comprises conductive plastic. It is difficult to get any cleaning fluid inside to the moving contact and element. You must try and penetrate by way of what openings are available; not easy. Work the rotor at the same time.

You should get a smooth change in resistance as the mechanism rotates. If not there is a fault. What is more an ohm meter check is not absolutely reliable because the reading is not instantaneous as you wound record with an oscilloscope, but it is still worthwhile.

After a further investigation, report back if you require any further help.

Cheers, Trevor.
When I said I took the spring off the tps sensor, I meant the one on the sensor that always turns it back to the throttle closed position. When I was bench testing it, I didnt want any restrictions so I took it off. That way I could set it and it would stay at that exact position. Anyway, I have come to the conclusion that it is in fact worn out and ordered a new one. It should be here in a few days. Thanks

Jason
93 Impreza LS