View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Thumbs up Re: 25th anniversary meet updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredubjay View Post
Shari and I had a blast! It was great meeting a new, and newly invigorated group of SVX enthusiasts. .

I'll use Randy's intro as a continuation of old timer comments. As we noted some new blood has spouted, & it's probably a good thing as preserving this funny-windowed vehicle may be best left to youngins' who still have the strength to turn a wheel bearing bolt.

The Batmobile got its biggest workout in over 5 years, and aside from a few Reading runs, it gets a weekly battery charge spin to town, & back. I only put about 5K on her in 5 years. But, the old beast must have known she was comin' home, so to speak, & got me to, & from Lafayette with a jog to Princeton, NJ along the way. Not one loose part was shed, & the trip showed me just what a highway cruiser should be. The oil was at the same level as it was (full) when I started out.

I'm not a big fan of the Facebook treatment of all things SVX, as it's like a return to Yahoo's scroll, but with pictures. No addressable forums as in here. But I suppose it appeals to those "on the go"; while my GO left the room long ago.

All things considered I enjoyed seeing, & reconnecting with the die-hards (you know who you are), & the new kids on the block. It seems the SVX spirit is alive & well regardless of who's listening for singin' bearings

Ron (Dying hardly).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.