Thread: transfer clutch
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2003, 07:50 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Quote:
Originally posted by want-a-fast-svx
quick question for you svx-commuter...are you a mechanic or did you teach yourself what you know about cars and what not???just curious cause i looked in your locker and saw the pics of the engine pull and everything and was wondering how hard this car is to work on really if you are teaching yourself but are somewhat mechanically inclined??thanks for any help truly appreciate it
I have been teaching myself what I know about Subaru's. I have 3 of them now 92 svx, 91 leg, 97 obs and they are all similar. I have been doing my own work to save money and I like to take things apart and put them back together with as few parts left over as is practical.

I am mechanically inclined as I am a Mechanical Engineer but you know what I learned from working on cars? Don't hurt yourself. It actually takes a lot of coordination to be a mechanic or you bust yourself up pretty fast. I use ruber gloves now as they help alot.

I have worked on a few other cars, Chevy vans, Toyota Corrolla ford Pinto, I have done a few head gaskets and rebuilt a few carberators and sometimes can't spell for poop.

I do like to work on the Subaru's as I think they were made to work on but I have not worked on enough cars to say if they are the easiest or okay or what is better. I look at working on a car as an adventure and a test of pyshical stamina and patientence.

I like the rust proofing on the Subaru's as I think they will last a long time as long as the salt is kept out of them.

Well I have learned from books and doing but I have learned a lot more by asking how to on this site.