View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 01:34 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Hopefully not my last Reading but if this keeps up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
Nate,
I made a 'special' trip to meet you and drove my 'ratty old 222K' to OT's sunday. I had NO problem with the 'condition' of your car! When I saw 'Wisconsin' tags parked in Wiley's Ford, W.Va. I was IMPRESSED!!
I have seen Kansas tags, Manitoba, and all points in between parked in OT's driveway! I KNOW what you guys and gals are all about!
I have seen tags from 30 different states and 2 countrys parked there! ( In West Virginia) I have met 127 members of this site and have not made it to 'Reading' yet!
WE are still alive. The SVX WILL survive because of US!
Keep up the 'good' fight!!

I can remember a day when 24 SVX'es were parked at the airport. A guy asked me if this was a 'local' club? I told him to LOOK at the Tags on the cars! The Conneticut tags on Sicksubi's car and YT's Jersey tags kinda ruled out 'Local', Mike 621, Eric, 'The Red', Tina, Wannarace, from Ohio, Carlos, from Va, Greensvx from The Carolinas, Soviet, etc, etc,

PRIDE!!! We LOVE these cars!
Wow, I didn't realize I was the "main" cause of your drive to OT's to meet me.
But seriously, I didn't see much wrong with your car. Sure it had primer all over and everything but I would never mind driving an SVX like that as long as it was mechanically ok. Granted I didn't look at it up close. Primer in my mind and a straight body means that, "hey, I'm in the process of getting this car fixed up properly." It was great meeting you. I have seen your posts and read through your threads and can definitely "feel" your issues that you've been having. But after being able to meet you and talk with you for a short while (its too bad you had to get going right away), it really helped to put a true name and personality to everything. You'll definitely have to make time if possible to chat some more as I will be coming out that way again in roughly a month and as long as it is ok with Tom and Diana, possibly crashing a night there again. (more details to come of course) I can't thank them enough for all of their hospitality!