View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghopkins
I'm looking at new. I do a fair of home remodeling but the heavy work comes in with hauling firewood so I'm usually back in the woods where traction is a factor. And, there's usually a pretty good load in the trailer. If I can get another piece of wood on a 10 ft trailer I will. The blazer has never even grunted. I might have to drop it down into low 4 to get out but I always got out. I've also towed an f150 for a couple of hundred miles on a dolly but don't look to doing that kind of work often.
If you can afford to drop $20K+ on a car to run in the woods, MY suggestion is to buy another truck! something used and abused, and buy a sweet Outback to take the kids for ice cream! I have 2 Outbacks that NEVER go into the woods. I DO haul parts, tools, materials, etc in them. I also have an old beater truck that hauls anything that I need moved. As far as 2nd gen Outbacks, they come with 4:44 gears and I have never found 'power' to be an issue, but I did put 60 series tires on one of mine and it is a little quicker than it was.
When it snows, I use the Outbacks to get the bread and milk and to haul my butt to work.( and to haul bread and milk to the non-Outback owners that I know).
For hauling, I use a $700. GMC 3/4 ton. Most places remove the snow from the roads in a day or 2.

I have hauled firewood in my 90 Legacy wagon and it didn't even notice, but it sure made a MESS of the interior! ( I try to have my firewood hauled before the snow comes)
( 2 cents worth)

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 05-01-2007 at 11:07 PM.