Thread: Gearshift Maps
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 12:21 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Gearshift Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed View Post
Hi Trevor,

Please note, I have only posted three times in this thread.

The one and only purpose of my first post was in response to your one post, to offer substantial and unrefuted proof that late VTD boxes were IN FACT fitted with a N/C transfer solenoid. This statement was based on US/JDM/UK Subaru part numbers at hand. Again, based on information from Subaru dealers around the world, not based on my experience, not based on the experience of others, the part was changed, for reasons unknown to date.

No, I am not advising, or giving any advice, on the basis of experience with this particular car. This is not the venue. As this thread is highly significant and important, Phil's Gearshift Map thread, I'll step out now, and let the discussion and debate resume with that theme.

Phil is interested in an answer to this aspect of things, otherwise I would not be taking up space in this thread.

All we have is a change in part numbers, which lack an associated description of the part. There is no verification of a change from N/O to N/C. The change in number could be for many non related reasons. I have hearsay evidence which contradicts what you have been told, so must leave the matter in abeyance.

Whatever, thanks for the information, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!