View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 08:44 AM

Registered SVX
Re: urgent reply needed please (rallisport eng mounts)

turns out they arent keen on doing any modifying of any sort to them for legality/insurance issues , so im getting my dad (hes a deisel mech/general mech/fabricator of 35+ years exp) to do the modifying which saves me a little bit of $$ just gotta buy him a case of beer
( i could have got him to do the whole lot but he doesnt have a lift or the time to as hes pretty much flat out 6 days a week and works in his garden on his day off )

letitsnow them and dad wernt keen on the washer idea as it doesnt leave a whole lot of surface area between the plate and mount , so dads going to make a couple of plates at whatever thickness out of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyau View Post
how much are they charging for the job ? i looked at doing the ones in the silver car and you have to remove the exhaust and i dont know how they get the mount on the drivers side undone ??

ps RHD car btw
they did the hgs put new idler pulleys on new tbelt new tensioner and are doing a general service and blue slip and its going to cost me about 2500 roughly i think

they had the engine out anyway so exhaust was already disconnected
im not quite sure how to get them undone either i think the botton nut is in the crossmember like the left and the rest i wouldnt have a clue (probably alot easier on a lift to work it out )