View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 06:56 PM
I'm just sayin'..........

long story.....basically what happened is one of my pulleys seized last sunday. I had it towed to pep boys who did a no start diagnosis on it only to find what I told them already(an issue with the timing belt). Somehow during the process, they pulled a bunch of crap off of my engine and didn't put it back on. They said that a timing issue with my car was beyond their repair capabilities(because of the turbo).....go figure....

SVXPERT was kind enough to do a house call and fix it for me on Saturday in the rain. He replaced the pulleys and the timing belt in addition to putting the items back on that the idiots left off. Then the stupid thing wouldn't start. There was no spark.

I then pull the coil off of my spare turbo engine and was going to switch them today. Before I began I said let me try it one more time.....it started right up!!! something must have gotten wet in all that rain......

It's running as we speak, although the valves are making some racket. I dumped in some valve medic in(thanks Ben) and that seemed to take care of most of it but I'm thinking that I need to drive it some more to work it all the way through. My guess is maybe there was carbon or something in there? Who knows....it's running....... I also had all sorts of codes when I pulled them.....fuel injectors, cam sensor, air sensor, etc....I'm clearing them overnight and will see how it runs in a day or so.......

So ends my story....

'95 Laguna Blue Pearl SVX L AWD
'18 Kia Stinger GT Twin Turbo - Sunset Yellow