View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 02:56 PM

Re: questions about a gem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_the_cook View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... apparently you've never dealt with a fire-ball, red-headed, Mc-Wop (Irish-Italian) withan especially short fuse! My god man look at her wrong and she belches fire, farts lightning, and will shoot icicles from her eyes!

There are better ways than brute-force stubbornness... it has taken me a few years to learn this, but there are. I just haven't figured this case out yet. It's ok... I've still got some time.

And if all else fails, I put it on my credit card and don't say anything.... not like she's going to be driving the car EVER anyways
Being married to a redhead myself... I feel you...

But you had better be able to pay off the credit card without affecting her, before putting it on the credit card and not telling her. Money problems will screw up a marriage faster than almost anything, short of infidelity.

I am a die hard no-slushbox driver, after having owned a car and a truck with autos....

And even I would have a hesitation converting a pristine car, unless I was 1000 percent sure that it would be better in every way afterward than before, even down to the shift boot in the console fitting just right. A pristine car is so much easier to keep pristine than to bring something back from the brink, it makes it harder to even start messing with a pristine car, in my mind.

I would like to eventually do an SVX project car, and would probably convert it to manual shift... but I would probably start with a car that isn't a museum piece, to start modifying on. If I came across a museum quality car, I would probably either keep it that way, and get another, or trade it off to someone else around here who will keep it pristine, for the value or car-for-car trade of an ~80% car, and a little cash for conversion/mod parts, and not feel bad about hacking into a museum piece, and the secondary benefit of bringing the 80% car back toward 99%, with a favored manual gearbox included.

But if it can be done to a factory or better level, then maybe... but keep in mind, if the wife ain't happy, ain't nobody happy... even with a manual-gearbox pristine SVX... don't get yourself in too much trouble. It is easier to drive an automatic car, than a car that your wife has taken out her frustration on, or her shoe permanently stuck between you and the driver's seat or any other seat for that matter.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 04-10-2009 at 03:05 PM.