View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 04:55 PM

Re: I am getting SS headers made!

A couple of days away from the forum and this thread has changed a bit. Not that it is a bad discussion or that I mind simple differences of opinion.
I personally don't have a problem with the functionality of aluminized Mig welded exhausts with crush bends. I did after all have that exhaust on my 74 Cuda and other than the crappy welds (they were pretty bad but it was the person who welded it) I was happy with it for what it was. It had the fit form and function that I was looking for at the time and didn't kill the wallet.

I thought about what I was wanting to do regarding the exhaust manifolds originally I had considered going to Grimm Speed for the PnP and Ceramic coating of the existing manifolds. It was a very viable option and cheaper.
However I chose to find a company that could make me what I wanted that would function just as well and provide me the quality and look I was after. I also was concerned about ground clearance if I changed them drastically or having excessive bends and restrictions that would be negative when compared to the stock. I am also not really chasing a specific sound for whatever exhaust set up I end up going to in the end I want it to be just as cleanly and tastefully done as what I intend to do with the rest of the car.
Sure the cost of doing this was higher than I would have liked it to be, but I still think I will be happy with the result. Plus since it is the first it is bound to be more expensive but I just didn't see other alternatives out there that got me what I wanted and I didn't feel like waiting around surfing the forum until someone else came up with another option easier, cheaper, and/or better.