View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
A ZO6 would kill an EVO in every aspect. It's almost an entire second faster to 60 than even the EVO MR. Even if the EVO is close to the ZO6 in handling, it would get killed because the vette would annihilate it out of the turns. This is just not a fair comparison.
Dude, Z06's are cool and I've lusted after owning one for years, but the down-market interior and 2 seats just don't fit into my family's needs at this time.

In regards to the Evo's handling vs the Z06's, may I direct your attention to the June '03 'Speeding' article in Motortrend magazine where 10 supercars were pitted against each other including the '03 Evo VIII and Z06:

Evo: 0-60 4.59, 1/4 mile 13.08 @105, 60-0 braking 106ft, 100-0 braking 292ft, 600ft slalom 71.4 mph

Z06: 0-60 4.29, 1/4 mile 12.44 @116, 60-0 braking 105ft, 100-0 braking 292ft, 600ft slalom 70.4mph

(These are the best side-by-side comparisons available for these two cars as they were tested on the same track, by the same driver within minutes of each other)

To quote the test editor: "The 'put-up-or-shut-up' award winner was everyone's favorite giant slayer, Mitsubishi's astonishing Evolution...just look at the Evil-ution's slalom times if you don't think an all-wheel drive compact sedan can't compete with pure exotics and domestic muscle macines. Factor in its cost/value/performance ratio, and it becomes even more of a winner..."

'Nuff said.

-Chike

P.S. BTW, looking over my SVX today after the ride home from work, I don't think I could part with this car in the next year. There are just so many things I'd like to accomplish with this car that I haven't been able to do already. Might put off buying my next car until '06. My SVX is starting to speak a language to my soul that no car has ever spoken before...

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)