View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 09:31 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
so you'd spend $35k for a car to spend half its life in a garage? if you want a museum-piece GTO, that's great, but don't dog people that want a car that can be driven all year 'round and not take up space. i felt stupid leaving a car less than half that price in the garage all the time. if i lived in a warm weather state, i'd get one of those domestic cookie-cutter straight line rockets, grow me a mullet, and go all out Joe Dirt. unfortunately, i have to deal with snow and hills, so i like cars that can handle that crap as well as dry flat asphalt. if i was rich, i'd have a car for each month of the year, but that's just not the case.
Emily (my WS6) spends five days a week in the garage. Putting it into perspective, I agree it's weird to buy something that's meant to be driven and not drive it. I don't know why I do it, but I do.

About the weather thing...I'm moving this coming spring. I love skiing, but other than that, you can have your snow. No thanks. Looks like i'll be setting up shop in SC.

By the way, Emily doesn't just handle dry asphalt, she flat out destroys it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
You take it too personally and state your opinions like they're fact.
How? The GTO handles well - that's a fact. I said that my opinion of it's styling is much like yours. It looks good, but not like what a GTO should look like. I don't see where I presented any opinion as fact.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Different people like different things, man. There's no accounting for taste, so give it a rest.
We've been over this before. As long as you people are here to talk smack on GTO's and Camaro's, I'll be here to do the same to the ricemobiles. Because I feel the same way about the EVO and STI that you do about the Camaros and GTOs.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
35K for an EVO isn't bad with all things considered. The braking and handling performance are on par with a Z06 and the straight line performance is only a tick behind. And since the car is turbo'd, mods are inexpensive.
A ZO6 would kill an EVO in every aspect. It's almost an entire second faster to 60 than even the EVO MR. Even if the EVO is close to the ZO6 in handling, it would get killed because the vette would annihilate it out of the turns. This is just not a fair comparison.

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
The next GTO is going to have the 6.0 LS2 400hp Vette motor. I'd take a STi over a GTO because of the AWD and 4 doors. I hope the next GTO looks better then this one. The HATED rustang is coming out all-new and will trash pontiacs sales numbers. Of course most of them will be V-6's for under $22k.
I don't think GM really cares all that much about having the best seller. Otherwise there would be a V6 GTO planned. But there isn't. At this point I think they are more concerned with having the fastest car. There is an even more powerful factory GTO planned with the new generation IV 24V motor coming in 2006.

Last edited by Shadow248; 09-15-2004 at 09:33 PM.