View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 10:59 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by people who talk about cars like they've actually driven them
How nice for you. I couldn't live with myself after spending that much on your Firehawk or GTO

GTO another screwed up pontiac.
i think any one for the same price would pick a sti, there is nothing special abought a GTO bland styling and bland performance, and handling IMHO
All I have to say is this...drive it...you'll eat your words so fast you'll think you just had a steak dinner.

I just laugh everytime I hear comments like that, because I agree the GTO lacks alot in styling and concept. It's not bad, but not inspiring in anyway. The driving experience, however is a whole different story. I've heard several people speak words just as you did about the car right before they drive it. When they return from their first drive, the only thing they have to say is "WHOA".

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
i wouldn't buy an EVO, but i'd pay $30k or so for the ricemobile STi.
I was referring to the EVO when i said "ricemobile". Like i've said before, I have no problem with the STI...it's just not real high on my list of cars that I would by if....etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by solarsvx
u cant compare a z06 to a evo or sti. z06 are bad to the bone
Yeah that's pretty much what I said. My point was why pay $35k for an EVO of any kind when that puts you into a 1 or 2 year old vette and in some cases will even get you damn near a Z06?

Quote:
Originally posted by Landsharkp
you could buy a Firehawk/GTO/Vette, but then you'd need another car for winter time, or for hauling more than two grown adults..........but you'd be cruising with your mullet in style! crank that Def Leppard!
At my age, if I were to pay $35k for a CAR, i'd never drive it in the winter anyway. Doesn't matter if it's front-wheel, rear-wheel, all-wheel or 10-wheel drive.