View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 04:17 PM

Re: Front rubber scrunching sound

This is still "in process" for me. The 98 Legacy rear mount should come some time this week and then I'll have a visual idea of how a modification may work. During my web search, I've found info that the 2 piece 4EAT rear mount was used by Subaru until 1995 and the 1 piece mount was used on 96 newer cars. If that is true, then 96/97 SVX's have the 1 piece 4EAT rear mount. I've also read that the 1 piece mount can be swapped for the 2 piece mount (makes sense as the SVX is virtually the same from 92-97). So, if we can find a 4EAT rear mount for a 96/97, we can use the 1 piece upgraded insert bushing sold by RalliTek. I think the 1 piece 4EAT rear mount as used on other Subaru models in addition to the SVX (I don't know what subi models yet so I need to do more research). I have sent a email to RalliTek and Motorsportwarehouse for their help and am waiting for their response. The upgraded RalliTek insert bushing is on sale for about <$40; regular price<>$80. If the swap of the 1-2 piece is doable, then it's a matter of locating a 1 piece rear mount at a salvage yard and installing the RalliTek bushing insert in the salvage mount frame. Seems very doable but need to confirm all the info.