View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by want-a-fast-svx
If someone could tell me if the solenoid underneath the manifold is the bypass-aircontrol solenoid that would be greatly appreciated. I've cleaned the original and now bought a replacement that had the exact same resistance of the stock one. Im still throwing a code 24. I don't know if this is just the wrong solenoid or what, but all the wiring seems to be fine and in tact. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated the car hasn't ran right for A VERY LONG time at this point. I greatly appreciate any and all help. I've also got a TPS code coming up now, so ill check the resistance on that and get back to ya.
Yes that is the one, it controls the idle speed. The usually trouble is the unit gets stuck up with goo, so it can't respond to set the idle. Give it a wash out to free it up. When you fit it back, it will take the ECU a few start/stop cycles to get back to the right setting.

Harvey.

I just saw you said "under the manifold". The one under the left side of the manifold is the Auxiliary air valve, that gives the fast idle on a cold start up. The Idle air is under the Throttle body.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.

Last edited by oab_au; 08-10-2005 at 04:51 PM.