View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 10:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to speedracer
duh... me not know how to fix

so... I am confused!!! I have been reading every thread with ''Transmission" in the title. I can't find anything that sounds like my problem.

first off, let me tell you my mechanical apptitude. My friends call me "mongo" there is a reason for this. On all the threads I have been hearing instructions that don't make any sense to me. I can change a tire and follow directions.

I have a 92. The tranny is NOT overheating but after I drove it off Mt. Baker on saturday it was running fine; down hill at about 50-60mph. Then I stopped and the engine was reving high, 4-5K, but not getting any power. I parked it over night and hitched down. The next day I drove away and it went through all the gears until the temp guage was at normal running temp, half way on the guage. Then I would put very little preasure on the accel. and the rpms would ramp up... again nothing in performance. so I drove it down about 15 miles at about 4k rpms and 50mph. I got to my friends house and there was smoke, white, coming from the bottom of the car.

I smelled the tranny dipstick<not a sexual move> and it smelled fine and was clean. It will shift when the car is cold, but goes to hell when it gets warmed up.

Pa Pa Pa PLEEEEZZZZZE help me!!!!

could you gods of the SVX please help me get me back on the road. I am a poor student and can't afford a new tranny. May I , pretty please--with cherries on top-- have directions, diagnosis, or refural to a thread with the answers a simpleton would understand and could fix. and i don't think my insurance company would appreciate a match and oily rag in the gas tank.

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!