Thread: Microsoft zune
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 09:16 AM
A.L.I.C.E.

Send a message via AIM to techy101 Send a message via Yahoo to techy101
Re: Microsoft zune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
same here witha 40gb Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra ..... it just sucks for using in the car, where i used it mostly.

i'm not a fan of Apple stuff, but iPod FTW (in the car).
I had a Creative Nomad Zen and it was great, but everything that I've tried from Creative after that has been total junk. When I finally caved and got my 60 gig iPod Video a few years ago I was about to pull my hair out. That was my fourth device in just a couple of days. I'd been getting Zen Vision M's but they kept not working.

The first and third froze mid-firmware update and were unrecoverable. The second one I was able to load about half my music on but it just ignored the rest of the music on my PC (all unprotected .mp3. Tunebite FTW) and the headphone jack only worked if you pushed the connector just right, and as soon as you let go it would begin crackling again.

I'm not a fan of Apple's over-priced wares, but I have to concede that the they managed to do a damn good job on the iPods's. They have a great interface, smooth, reliable and easy to use. (I feel sick defending apple, but I have to give credit where credit is due.)