View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Well... that's a large part of it. Not only are low inflation pressures dangerous at high speed but those that can't pay attention and drive worth a flip to begin with are costing all of us money. Active traction control along with ABS and stability control require tight control of rolling circumference. Small tire differences make a large difference to these systems. If a wheel speed sensor shows one wheel not turning within a certain speed of the others and steering wheel input doesn't match accelerometer and yaw inputs the box will assume there is a traction or stbility loss and begin applying brakes at various positions in order to keep the vehicle under control. Whatever happened to the good ol' buttometer? I guess audio/video options, communications and nav systems have taken precedent over many driver's ability to just pay attention and drive. Now we need the government to step in and save us from ourselves again. Funny, when I first began bringing home a paycheck the powers that be only took about 17% for taxes. Now I just figure gross -40%. I dang sure don't feel like I'm getting anything now that I didn't get then. Well, maybe the pain in my fanny is a bit more intense...

Last edited by Beav; 03-14-2005 at 02:48 PM.