View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: For Sale: Radio Wiring Harnesses for SVX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXalter View Post
I'm looking into getting an eclipse 5510 7" double din. I assume this harness would work well, does anyone see any troubles with the unit fitting in an svx?
Depth-wise it will fit in the cage. You'll definitely have to notch or remove part of the rear of the cage.

It will be a challenge to slide the cage back into the dash with all of the wires hanging out the back. There won't be any easy way to coil them up behind the radio/cage. Perhaps you could tie some pull-strings to the various harnesses (with the other ends of the strings popping out in the foot wells) and pull the harnesses back into the openings where the antenna and car's radio harness go.

The display "tray" on that Eclipse may be a little too low. I think it will hit the bottom-left edge of the SVX's cover door as the tray extends out. The bottom of the tray needs to be about 1/2" to 9/16" (13 to 15 mm) up from the bottom of the cage to clear the corner of the SVX's door above the cigarette lighter.

The display looks like it would be OK once it's vertical, but you'll have to retract it whenever you need to access the disc slots. If you play stuff mostly off the USB port (and not CDs or DVDs), then that might not be so bad.

You could possibly "cheat" and push the SVX cover door down a little more while the display folds out. But you'd have to remember to do that every time.

Here are pictures on SonicElectronix (scroll down to the 3rd one)

Here's a better angle on Crutchfield's product page:

(click for larger image)

Last edited by SVXdc; 05-07-2009 at 05:10 PM.