View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
Yes........... But I want to get data from MY car. So while it might not be necessary for you, it is necessary FOR ME.
I was using the terms in the most strictly logical sense.

Quote:
My first thought was that my 92 ECU was faulty, so I tried connecting to another 92 belonging to a friend, and that one does exactly the same thing. I also had feedback from a club member in the USA who built an interface as per my instructions but couldn't get it to work on his 92. .:
That does change the sample enough for me. If this information was shared here, I missed it or forgot it or something. It would be of interest to know what results if ECUs are swapped between the '92 and '94.

Quote:
It did work on his 94 though. I agree that it is not conclusive, but there seems to be a problem with some ECUs and so far the problem ones have all been 92's. .:
Again,
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvs
It might be the ECU, or not..
More directly then, it might be that your connector doesn't interface well with the earlier ECUs.

Quote:
The JECS label on my 92 ECU says type "D2", and on the 94 it's "9A". It would probably be worthwhile for us to compile a list and see if there is any correlation between the ECU types and whether they return good or corrupted data.
Yes, but until your connector can be excluded.... What haunts me is that AFAIK, the Subaru Select Monitor doesn't have any problems with the earlier models. Someone here must have one and will perhaps comment on this.

It could be something simple like different signal voltages.

Charl