View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 08:54 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: embarrassing story

Quote:
Originally posted by mcdeyo
I talk to the Duck all the time. My dear friend who recommended looking at the SVX's when I was car shopping dubbed her that when I described how it handled in the pouring rain on the freeway. Every time I look at the car I fall in love all over again.

Right now I am without the Duck while the transmission is being replaced. I've never had occasion to research much about the car. I guess I'd better start; this transmission episode is the story from beyond. A mechanic told me that the transmissions for 92-94 and 96-97 are interchangeable but the '95 is like the Highlander (there can be but one). If I'm going to continue to own the Duck it's time to learn how to care for the exotic orphan since the dealer didn't; he ordered the wrong year transmission and actually installed it and test drove it. Hopefully, he'll get it right this time.

I know nothing about cars except like art I know what I like. I'm going now. Must cry. Thanks for listening.
Mcdeyo,
Welcome to the Network. Most of us have been there. We all experience the love/hate relationship this car embodies. Luckily, it's mostly love.

If I recall correctly, the 96 and 97 trannies will not interchange with the 92. They have a whole different wiring configuration. I may be wrong. Will someone else confirm?

Meanwhile, enjoy your time here. Ask anything, and you'll get an educated answer. We're all in this together.

Perchance, "Duck" wouldn't be Teal in color, would it?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI