View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 06:34 AM

I am getting SS headers made!

I am getting into the early stages of finally putting some $$ and love into my SVX.

I am talking to a company that has said they will definitely be able to reproduce for me a set of 304 Stainless Steel headers based on the stock manifold design. So it will be able to fit up to stock exhausts and anything already designed or set up for aftermarket (not alot of options out there).

I should be sending them my stock manifolds early next week to begin the fabrication and hope to have a finalized price soon.

My only real suggestions to them were #1 I don't plan to mount the existing heat shielding on the headers so I do not need those mounting tabs reproduced 2# because of the location of the headers I am a little concerned about the mounting flange getting damaged due to road debris or if I hit a speed bump or even heat warpage so I am looking at going from a 3/8 flange to a 5/8 flange. I hope the price will be good so others will consider it but if not then I don't mind have one of a kind headers.

EDIT : I spoke with them and they could go to 1/2" but they feel the 3/8" would still be plenty strong enough so I decided to go with 3/8".

Initial Price Quote so far is $750 I have seen SS kits for other cars that aren't even welded go for that much or more so while it is a bit more than I had hoped I am still going through with it.

I am excited to finally be starting this whole process 4.44 set up was just ordered too! I have plenty of parts and things to order from both ECU tune and AWD guys in NJ but still working my parts lists for now.

Last edited by sowise; 09-10-2009 at 07:30 AM.