View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 02:22 PM

Re: Christmas Dash Lights, but no Electrical Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
The dash lights coming on happened in my '97. When I turned the car on they stayed on for a while, then faded, however, when I stepped on the brake they came back on. The lights that I remember coming on were: battery, ABS and about 4 more in the middle (sorry, without a picture of the dash lights I can't remember them all). My mechanic has the car now, and I'm sure I'll be replacing the alternator. I thought I'd add my symptoms since they were different from everyone elses. My mechanic did say the voltage was low.
I had been getting an intermittent ABS error code #2. Just today, when I had to brake harder than usual, many other lights (pwr-steering, battery, stop lamp, brake, and ABS) lit up on the dash. Those lights would fade away until I pressed the brake pedal then they would dimly light up again. I noticed no dip in engine revs while pressing the brake in park.
I can't help but wonder if these the lights are related in some way to my ABS malfunctioning? I'm going to pull the ABS fuse tonight and see if that makes a difference. If not, I suppose the alternator will need to be replaced.