View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 07:22 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Re: OT saves another SVX owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Just watch out for the coppers on 220. They seem to like that road. So did he fix up your exhaust isn't that what your original issue was? Did he offer you the opportunity to squeal like a pig for payment.
I set the cruise for 65 on 220 and just let it go. I never saw a cop on my way there or back. Although, on my way back this guy found it necessary to tailgate me the entire way to the turnpike even though he could have passed me numerous times.

Yeah. Tom welded the exhaust all back together and put on some new gaskets. While we were under there, Tom noticed that my tranny bracket was shot so he replaced that while he was working with the main cat.

The prices were...excellent. Well below what people up here would ask for the work that was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
Did Tom find what was causing the missing when cold?

Harvey.
We narrowed it down to either a coilpack on the driver's side, TPS wire issues, and/or a missing IRIS check valve. Tom put the select monitor on it and nothing showed weird except the TPS wires were wacked out. Unfortunately, not sure if that's the culprit for sure but it certainly needs fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX92-97 View Post
I totally agree, Tom is Great, and his work is second to none. His prices cant be beat. Wish I wasnt 400+ miles from him. Manarius, did you see my 96 polo while you were there.
Indeed...it looked exactly like my 95 Polo only without badges and less miles.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi

Last edited by Manarius; 08-09-2008 at 07:24 PM.