View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 03:02 PM

Re: Opinions Please - How Much Is She Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickynicky View Post
Two years ago, at around 55,000 miles, the 2-3 shift went out resulting in a full rebuild of the transmission (this was actually not done at the dealer, but at a reputable transmission shop in Anchorage).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
Where exactly?

Car looks nice.
The work was done at B&B Transmission over next to Costco on C St and Dimond. They have been around for ever (1970 something I think) and have done alot of work for my family in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
Put a for sale sign on it and it'll be gone. I've had people randomly walk up and ask to buy mine.
I'd buy this one if I had that much change just lying around.

Whatever you do, don't go through a dealer, new or used. They will screw you on the value. Might give you 3k, tops.
Yeah, I have been thinking about this for a little while now and I actually bought the for sale signs a couple weeks ago, but just haven't been able to bring myself to put them on it. I figure since I work downtown I should just park it down there with the signs and see where it goes. I might also try craigslist or something, but in my experience people there just want to low-ball you.

Thanks for the input so far from everybody. I might start my asking price a little higher just cause AWD cars tend to command a premium in Anchorage, and the fact that I have not seen an SVX in this good of condition for sale up here since I bought mine. It is also always easier to go down in price than up .

Here is a picture of the engine bay too....ohhh so CLEAN!!!! (3 month-old Red Top Battery as well!)