View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
It sounds to me like pleiad7 and roo are on track (is that a pun in this instance?).

It'll be nice to see a svx restored to competitive glory. I think the engine build and transmisison you have in mind aught to do the trick for power. I'll have some na dyno information for the cams soon as I'm in the process of assembling my engine and it will be going in na to start (although it is low compression and will go fi after break in). From what I've heard from Jeff (someone running the full cam set up na) they perform as was expected, increasing not only the top of the rev range but the whole power band.

I would add the following suggestions

suggestion #1: new engine wiring harnesses and electronics. Harnesses tend to be brittle at the worst possible places. It's best just to get new ones. New nock sensors and coils are a necessity. The other electronics will just save you chasing down failures over the course of ownership of your new engine.

suggestion #2: thermal barier coating of piston tops, combustion chambers, valves, and exhaust ports. This is nice because it increases efficiency accross the board but it is also particularly nice when you are running an engine hard like you will be in these events. You want to keep the heat in your combustion chambers making power and then send it out the exhaust not through your coolant.

Suggestion #3: I think you should run your engine a little cooler than factory. You won't actually need to do anything to accomplish this. At the time you'll be purchasing engine management software I'll have a lot of new variations out replacing stage 2 and many of them will kick the fans on at 180ish instead of 200f.
This is exactly what we've been wanting to hear... thanks for your input!