View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 08:24 AM
The name's...

Send a message via AIM to Whoru465
The hits just keep on coming...(a little long)

To add to the sheer beauty of Wednesday's 0 degree temperature at 5:30 in the morning, the car decided to have a little fun with me. As I'm driving to work, I feel an odd shift. I figured it was just 4th gear kicking in. However, about a 1/2 mile later the rev's start climbing and I start slowing down. You know that sinking feeling? Yes, so I pull into a parking lot and shut her down as quick as possible, grab the flashlight and pop the hood.... Fluid everywhere in the engine compartment. The line coming out of the transmission popped out of the rubber hose and spewed its guts....Needless to say I was now stuck, in the pitch black freezing cold. So I call AAA and they take 2 1/2 hours to pick me up. Ugh. Once I got home the fix was easy. A new hose clamp and some more fluid. I filled her back up and all was well. Thankfully it was so cold out I didn't destroy anything...I think...Here comes the question: When I got in my car this morning to go to my second job (it had already been driven and warmed up once) there was a hell of a lot of vibration. Felt like the engine was shimmying all around. So I let it warm up again and the vibration settled, but its still there. And now there is also a front to back "shimmy" when I accelerate from a stop. Think this has anything to do with Wednesday's events? Looking under the hood the engine seems to be moving a bit more than before at ilde...almost rocking. Anyone have thoughts? What I shoudl take a look at? Thanks for reading, and as always, all help is appreciated.

'92 Pearl LS-L (sans Spoiler) #0993 Mfg. 5/91

"It says here, 'Breakfast any time'...
That's right...
In that case, I'll have the pancakes in the Age of Enlightenment..."