Thread: Cam Timing
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
The research done by others in the past came up with results to build 36" primaires for the headers... Considering the brute size of these means a lot of tubing and a lot of space is needed...

I have built two sets of headers. Both using 1 3/4" tubing for the primaries. first set was equal length give or take 3/4" collecting into a 3-1 10" collector out to a dual 2.5" exhaust. Granted these exhaust systems were made with using the stage 3 in mind so thats why they were so big...

Personally, I believe 2.25" duals might be too large for a N/A engine. 2" pipes would be better fitted to reduce turbulance down the system and to maintain a higher velocity. BUT 2.25" shouldn't be too much of a damper and will leave open some room for further modifications in the future.

Ideally a N/A header should be 1.25-1.5" primaries 30-36" in length. The bigger (longer) the collector the better. True duals also will make a lot of noise. I have done it and never liked to sound (tone) so I used a single flowmaster 40 series as an H pipe with 4 magnaflow resonators to make probably the best sounding SVX I have ever heard...

Good luck with the system and let us know how it turns out

Tom