Old 01-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxg765 View Post
Hello Joe,

Did you drive an Automatic or 4 Speed? Did it have the original 3.0L V8 or a swap as most did? The original V8 has an awesome deep sound and the 4 Speed it great. I understand that the drive is very different than a GT of today but for its time it was great. Even today its a great relaxing drive. I love this car. I also have a 1974 Mazda RX4 which is as close to a GT that a Japanese car maker could have gotten at that time. It too has 34K original miles and paint too, still shines like new inside and out. You can see it at Cardomain as well. I like old odd cars.

Max
Hi Max

I drove an auto, white just like yours, except it had standard alloys. I have never seen one with wires, in fact they are too new to have come from the factory with wires [too much tuning to do ], so I suspect yours are a later addition by an owner.

It is a really nice car to drive, my comments about the chassis need to be measured against the ability of other cars that age. I love them. There is a Triumph club here in Ireland, always a few Stags knocking about.

Did you know that our Network Presidente, Randy aka Aredubjay, is an ex-Triumph man? He had a Spitfire in the past, another pretty Michelotti design.

I've looked at your RX4 as well. You are one lucky bugger! That is a fantastic car! I expect you will give it the care it deserves.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl